Under Eye Treatment
Under eye pigmentation / dark circles around eyes is the condition wherein the skin underneath the eyes are darker then the normal skin. In contrast, under eye circles is a condition in which the zone beneath the eyes gets sunken and pigmented. Many individuals feel uncomfortable because of big and/or dark under eye bags. These conditions can be rectified using chemical peels and laser therapy at SkinQure by top dermatologist in Delhi.
There are treatments such as chemical peel and lasers, these can help tighten up the skin around your eyes and reduced pigmentation. This can also aid with the discolouration under the eye. Chemical peels have been used to renovate skin around the eyes, but are being used less and less to treat dark under eye circles owing to the availability of laser treatments.
The causes of under eye darkening are as following –
- Genetic – Sometime darkening on under eye area is familial
- Life style – Use of goggles and late night work , fatigue ( mental and physical) can strain to eye muscles which causes darkening.
- Melanin pigmentation – Increase melanin pigmentation is another reason
- Allergic reaction – Constant rubbing, dryness and itching on skin is more prone for pigmentation like atopic dermatitis.
- Under eye hollowness – Under eye hollowness can be reason of a perception of under eye darkening.
- Superficial veins – The greyish/ bluish discolouration is because of superficial blood vessels and pooling of blood
- Deficiencies – Like anaemia
Because of constant strain in the eye muscles, there will be collection of fluid in the lower lid skin layers which forms eye bags. The reasons are like life style, late night sleep or sleeplessness and stress.
First of all, there should be a proper diagnosis. Here are the treatment options
- Avoid any allergic reactions , if occurring due to chemicals, makeup or any under eye medicines.
- familial and melanin induced pigmentation can be managed with some medicines, peels and Q-switched Nd-YAG Laser ( Helios laser )
- Under eye hollowness can be managed with Dermal filler, ( See the video below)
- Pigmentation due to under eye vessels sometimes difficult to manage.
- Under eye plasma treatment is also help to rejuvenate the under eye area.
Usually, numerous fruit acid peels can be done every 1-2 weeks. If they are done more often than that, the skin will be in continuous “retrieval” mode, without ever getting the chance to essentially improve. Under eye dark circles can be initiated by a variety of factors, including vascular fragility and hyperpigmentation, accompanied by scooping of the area and slack skin from ageing. Chemical peels should be done very prudently and carefully by an expert in the delicate under eye skin, in order to sidestep burns/scars. Please refer a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation like Dr. Jangid.
Chemical peels make the outside layer of the skin to blister and to heal, since you are applying a chemical solution to the skin. The effect of the chemical peel is that the new skin, which is now visible, is often less crumpled and much smoother than the old skin which has been removed. The effect is somewhat provisional, but it can be quite deep.
2nd rank in AIIMS
Dr Jangid, MD Skin is one the best skin specialist in South Delhi, with more than 12 years of experience in new treatments, technology and research into skin and hair problems, skin surgeries, hair transplant surgeries, Lasers and anti-ageing. Dr. Jangid tops the list of best dermatologist in delhi.
MD Skin, Post MD SR
Ex-Dermatologist AIIMS, New Delhi
12 Years Experience
2nd rank in AIIMS SR 2013
Winner ACSICON EP 2015
Derma Quiz Winner
Dr Jangid, MD Skin is one the best skin specialist in South Delhi, with more than 10 years of experience in new treatments, technology and research into skin and hair problems, skin surgeries, hair transplant surgeries, Lasers and anti-ageing. Dr. Jangid tops the list of best dermatologist in delhi.