Hair loss and baldness have become common conditions these days. Men and women who start showing signs of hair loss or baldness usually try every possible hair treatment to keep their tresses in the best shape.
From over-the-counter medications to homemade treatments, and from expensive hair products to essential oils, everything gets a try but fails more often than not. There is no denying the fact that hair loss and baldness can be extremely disturbing and stressful events. Thankfully, there are effective and affordable hair restoration procedures such as Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
Table Of Contents
1. Cost of Hair Transplants in India
Today, hair fall and baldness have become common problems in our society because of many reasons, including but not limited to hormonal fluctuations, genetics, excessive hair styling, side effects of medications and treatments, etc.
Some of the other causes of hair loss or baldness include:
- Emotional or physical stress
- Excessive smoking or alcohol addiction
- Chemotherapy-induced spot baldness
- Excessive Vitamin A intake
- Pattern baldness/androgenic alopecia
- Chemical burns
- Vitamin B deficiency
- Scalp allergies or infections
- Improper diet or bad nutrition
- Over-styling of hair
- Usage of excessive heat products
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Natural ageing
- Scarring because of injury or accident
FUT Hair Transplant Cost
|Baldness level||No. of grafts required||Average FUT transplant (price in INR)|
FUE Hair Transplant Cost
|Baldness Level||No. of grafts required||Average FUE transplant (price in INR)|
City-wise Pricing Chart
|City||FUT cost per 1,000 grafts (in INR)||FUE cost per 1,000 grafts (in INR)|
2. Which factors affect the overall cost of Hair transplants?
Many factors affect the overall cost of hair transplants.
- Level of baldness: The cost of hair transplants is affected primarily by the severity and level of baldness. For instance, the cost of a hair transplant will be less for someone with only minor baldness when compared to someone with severe baldness issues. This is primarily because the number of sittings and grafts is higher for those with severe baldness issues.
- Type of procedure/technique: Primarily, there are two types of hair transplant techniques:
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT): FUT has been for a while and is an excellent choice for men and women who require a large number of hair grafts. During this procedure, the surgeon identifies the donor sites (generally the back of the head) and removes a few inches of a long skin portion to get a skin graft. Once the skin graft is procured, the area is closed with stitches. Thereafter, the surgeon cuts up the long graft skillfully into small pieces by using a scalpel and magnifying glass. These skin sections are then implanted strategically on the recipient sites (the balding areas).
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): FUE procedures are still somewhat new to the hair transplant industry. However, they have been extremely popular because of many reasons: constant hair growth, a minimally-invasive procedure, no loss of sensitivity, no visible scars, etc. During this procedure, hair follicles are extracted by the surgeon from the head’s rear side with the help of small incisions. The surgeon then creates small holes at the hair loss sites with a blade or needle and starts transplanting hair follicles on the recipient sites.
- Surgeon expertise and qualifications: Hair transplantation procedures are complex and sophisticated surgical procedures and require a lot of skills and expertise. Therefore, it is always recommended to select a qualified and experienced hair transplant surgeon even though it may cost you some more money. This is simply because hair transplants are one-time procedures and the overall cost spread over a decade or more would be self-justifying. If a surgeon has more than 5 years of experience, it can be estimated that he or she has handled hundreds of cases that would have improved their skills to handle simple as well as complex hair loss cases.
- Number of sessions required: Usually, most hair transplant surgeries are performed by surgeons in a single session that lasts approximately 4-6 hours. In some cases where the patient has a large baldness level, the surgeon may perform the hair transplant surgery in multiple sessions as more grafting would be required. It is important to note that the average count of grafts that can be implanted in a single hair transplant session is approximately 3,000-4,000 grafts. In cases where the count of grafts required exceeds 5,000 grafts or more then the patient would be called for multiple sessions.
- Location of the clinic: The cost of treatment varies in different cities of India according to the availability of qualified surgeons, medications, and state-of-the-art infrastructure. Patients may notice that the cost of hair restoration procedures may vary from clinic to clinic, and from city to city.
- Reputation and success rate of the clinic: The reputation and success rates of hair restoration clinics play a big role in the overall hair restoration cost. Reputed and popular clinics often have some of the most renowned hair transplant surgeons with them who have performed more than thousands of successful hair transplants. These premium clinics may charge a little extra as they have to keep delivering exceptional customer experience.
- Availability of donor grafts: Hair follicles may have to be extracted from other body parts such as the chest and beard if the patient doesn’t have a sufficient count of healthy hair follicles on the scalp’s back region. Since body hair is more sensitive as well as difficult to extract, it requires a higher level of expertise and more skills. Thus, the overall hair transplant procedure will be more difficult and this aspect will considerably affect the overall cost of surgery.
- Infrastructure facilities: One of the most important aspects to keep in mind while opting for a hair transplant in India is the level of infrastructure at the hair restoration clinic. Clinics that are well-equipped with the latest tools, equipment, technologies, sanitised environment, and have the ability to handle multiple patients at a time might charge slightly more than a not-so-popular and successful clinic.
At SkinQure, we assure you of an incomparable quality of hair grafts that results in better hair transplant surgery outcomes. Our teams of medical professionals, latest methods and technologies, experienced staff, high-quality equipment, state-of-the-art infrastructure help us deliver consistently-exceptional patient experiences.
At SkinQure, you will get the best hair transplant treatment with full safety and at affordable costs.