Do you want to reduce pigmentation for a flawless complexion? Want to get rid of large skin pores, age spots, wrinkles, and acne? If you have been facing these skin complications, it is time for you to know more about Carbon Laser peel and its benefits to get glowing, radiant skin free from blemishes.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- What is Carbon Laser Peel?
- How does it work?
- How Carbon laser facial benefit your skin?
- What to expect?
- Cost of Carbon laser facial
- Are there any side-effects?
What is Carbon Laser Peel?
A carbon laser peel can be described as a form of non-ablative laser skin treatment to improve the texture, health, and appearance of skin. It is generally recommended to people with acne, oily skin, and clogged or enlarged pores. Carbon laser peel is also useful if you are experiencing signs of sun damage on your skin. It has the ability to stimulate the production of collagen and deeply exfoliating skin.
Laser carbon peel treatment may be recommended to treat:
- Acne pigmentation
- Acne scarring
- Fine lines and wrinkles
How does it work?
Before this fast and painless procedure, the dermatologist would have a word with the patient after evaluating the medical reports and conducting a physical examination. It is important for patients to have a clear and complete understanding of the procedure and get answers to all doubts, concerns, and queries about the procedures and the pros and cons of the procedure. The consultation will also help the patients to have realistic expectations and know more about the benefits of carbon laser peel.
The Best dermatologist in Delhi will ask you to stop making the use of retinol for about 7-10 days before the carbon peel treatment. Patients are advised to make use of sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or more on daily basis during this time.
The dermatologist will start the carbon laser facial treatment by spreading a layer of liquid carbon onto the patient’s face. The liquid carbon will absorb dead cells, oil, and dirt from deep within the skin pores. There will be a waiting time of approximately 10-15 minutes for the carbon to dry. Once the carbon has dried, the doctor will provide eye shields to the patient to protect their eyes from the laser beam. The doctor will now proceed with passing the laser over the patient’s skin in a low-energy setting. This will heat up the carbon to make it bind to the epidermis (the dermatologist may skip this step if you have dark patches like melasma or very sensitive skin). The laser will also heat up the subdermal tissue to plump up fine lines and boost the production of collagen in the body.
Thereafter, the laser will be used on a higher-energy setting for fragmenting the liquid carbon into tiny particles. The dermatologist will then use a smoke evaporator (attached to the laser) to remove the carbon and the debris and impurities absorbed by it. The last step is all about the dermatologist applying sunscreen and hydrating moisturiser to your skin after the carbon peel treatment has been successfully performed. You can experience the benefits of carbon laser peel in the form of tighter pores and glowing skin.
How Carbon laser facial benefits your skin?
Also known as charcoal peel or charcoal facial, carbon laser facial leaves skin firmer, smoother, and softer. This non-invasive procedure is extremely helpful to reduce pore size, make the skin softer, even out skin tone, remove blackheads, and make the skin appear more radiant and youthful.
Carbon laser facial treatment is suitable for both men and women and is an excellent choice for people who want to fade freckles, remove acne and blackheads, lighten dark and age spots, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps to improve skin elasticity, lift and tighten the skin, and moisturise the skin to provide a radiant and bright complexion.
- Cleansing: Carbon has the unique ability to absorb oil and contaminants from deep within the skin pores. Laser skin treatment helps in targeting and destroying the carbon particles when the laser gets passed over the treatment area.
- Exfoliating: The absorbed carbon blasts away dead skin cells of the body, blackheads, and whiteheads as it gets targeted by the laser to exfoliate the skin. The result is softer, smoother, and radiant skin with a more even skin tone and reduced pore size.
- Rejuvenating: Carbon peels have the ability to effectively target skin’s deeper layers for stimulating the production of collagen that, in turn, produces plumper and firmer skin to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. It is also effective to make the skin glowing and tighter.
- Skincare: The heat produced by the carbon peels helps in minimizing bacteria that are responsible for the growth and development of acne. Therefore, it helps you to manage pimples and outbreaks better. Carbon peels are also helpful to shrink oil-producing glands of the body that reduces the buildup of congestion in the skin pores.
More Benefits of Carbon Laser Facial Treatment
- Tightens dilated pores
- Stimulates collagen production
- Reduces scars, acne, and post-acne discolouration
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Improves skin texture
- Produces smooth, plump, and radiant skin
- Activate a deeply rejuvenating skin reaction
- Clear pores to minimise whiteheads and blackheads
- Removes dead cells of the skin from the superficial epidermal layer
- Eliminates the need to extract comedones
- Reduces papules, nodules, and cyst size
- Simultaneously targets acne bacteria
- Fading or erasing brown/yellow pigmentation
- Improves skin texture and tone
- Shrinks scars and improves skin integrity
- Reduces the signs of premature ageing
The popularity of Carbon Laser Facial Treatment is evident from the fact that several Hollywood and Bollywood celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Angelina Jolie, and Jennifer Aniston have been reported to have a carbon laser facial.
What to expect?
Carbon laser facial treatment is a fast and painless procedure. Laser carbon peels require no recovery time. It involves a multi-part process that usually takes approximately 30-45 minutes from start to finish. Patients are usually expected to undergo 3-5 treatments over a duration of 2-3 months with a booster carbon laser facial treatment every six months.
Your skin will look instantly refreshed and feel immediately smoother after the procedure. Moreover, you can make a quick return to your normal activities as carbon laser facial treatment is a painless and non-invasive procedure with virtually no downtime.
Patients are advised to follow certain tips and precautions after the procedure:
- Patients should moisturise their skin daily and must treat their skin gently.
- It is common to experience some dryness or flaking. However, patients should never self-prescribe any medication.
- Sunscreen with at least SPF 50+ should be used regularly for several days after treatment.
- The use of alcohol and nicotine should be avoided.
- Patients with oily skin should make use of acne treatment products to maintain optimum results.
- Patients should avoid invasive/abrasive skin treatments or exfoliate for at least 1-2 weeks.
- Patients should avoid swimming, hot water, and hot tubs for at least 4-6 weeks.
- It is a good choice to make use of products that include collagen supplements, collagen, or follow a collagen-boosting diet.
Cost of Carbon laser facial
The cost of a carbon laser facial is approximately INR 2,500-4,000 per unit. It is important to note that the cost of a carbon laser facial might vary from city to city and clinic to clinic. This is because the cost depends on a number of factors such as the expertise of the surgeon, the success rate of the clinic, severity and extent of skin complication, the general and overall health of the patient, etc.
It is important for patients to choose a reputed skin care clinic that enjoys a phenomenal success rate. For this, it is essential to perform a comprehensive search to identify the best skincare clinic among the top clinics around the country. It is important to have a close look at the credentials and qualifications of the dermatologist and the before and after picture of the dermatologist’s earlier patients. This will help you get a clear and complete idea of what to expect after the carbon laser facial procedure.
Before selecting the dermatologist and the clinic, it is important for you to have a detailed word with the dermatologist after physically visiting the clinic. You should also access testimonials, feedback, complaints (if any), etc. of the dermatologist and the clinic so that you can make an informed decision based on unbiased recommendations and suggestions. It is also suggested that you should gain a clear and complete understanding of the carbon laser facial procedure so that you are fully aware of everything and don’t end up facing unwanted complications.
Are there any side-effects?
Carbon peel treatment is a relatively safe procedure and it does not usually lead to side effects. However, some patients may experience a tingling sensation and a slight reddening of the skin. In case any discomfort or pain is experienced, the dermatologist may recommend antibiotics, pain-relieving medications, and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Before your carbon peel treatment, you can have a word with experienced and qualified dermatologists at SkinQure to create a personalized treatment plan for you. This will be based on a comprehensive assessment of the treated area and your general & overall health. Client care and safety are of paramount importance to medical professionals at SkinQure and you can always expect the highest standards of compassionate care.
SkinQure is one of the leading skin care clinics in India and takes great pride in offering safe and effective skincare and other procedures to patients across the world. The clinic has a robust and state-of-the-art infrastructure and follows clinically proven treatments and technologies. Since its inception, SkinQure has been at the forefront of aesthetics and medical technologies by delivering cutting-edge technologies to patients and redefining the healthcare industry through an endless and innovative desire to offer compassionate care at affordable pricing.
SkinQure offers indulgent skin care therapies, corrective skin care treatments, and advanced medical-grade technology so our patients can explore truly transformative results. Medical professionals at SkinQure take great pride in the work they do and care for their clients. This is the reason why SkinQure offers high safety levels and hygiene practices to keep patients protected at all times. At SkinQure, you will get the best skincare treatment with full safety and care.
Call SkinQure now to find out how to access the benefits of carbon laser peel treatment by offering the most amazing beauty transformations.